This is a message “there was a problem starting c windows system32 logilda dll” that appears when you start the computer/desktop. It indicates the error is caused by a problem in Logitech software.
Either it is incompatible or its files have become corrupt. It might be a sign that Windows is trying to find the file but could not do so.
What is LogilLDA.dll file?
This is Windows dynamic link library file (commonly known as dll file). It is a component of Logitech download assistant software. Logitech download assistant is installed on its own once you connect to a Logitech instrument like a Logitech gaming keyboard or mouse.
The primary purpose of the Logitech download assistant is to find out new Logitech drives and software updates. So the missing file or damage to any of these files shows up as an error message.
Causes of LogiLDA.dll error:
LogiLDA.dll error happens when files DLL files are affected directly. This can happen due to the following reasons:
- Either the DLL file was not installed rightly or your version is incompatible with files.
- DLL file corruption.
- An update in Windows 10 causes the program to locate the file in the wrong direction.
The above-stated reasons cause the problem in the launching of Logitech download assistant and the message there was a problem starting c windows system32 logilda dll appears.
Solutions to error there was a problem starting c windows system32 logilda dll :
Some of the solutions to cope up “there was the problem starting c windows system32 logilda lda” error are:
Solution 1: Restart your PC
First of all press “Alt+F4”.Shut Down Windows pop will appear. From the drop-down list choose the “Restart” option. And restart your Windows 10 by pressing the “OK” button. Your PC will restart after this and the problem might be solved.
Solution 2: Run a virus scan
The second method you can opt to solve this error is to run a suitable virus scan on your PC to remove any malware or virus from your desktop.
Solution 4: Logitech disable
The pop-up there was a problem starting c Windows system32 logilda.dll indicates that Windows was launched abnormally to prevent it you have to disable Logitech on startup for this open Task manager from the start menu of Windows 10. Then go to the startup tab, find “LogiOptions.exe(UNICODE)” select it, and then click the disable button. By following this step you can disable Logitech.
Solution 4: Restoration of LogiLDA.dll file
DLL files usually become corrupt or become deleted. Many websites will aid you in downloading and then replacing a corrupt DLL file. Use an authentic source to download the LogiLDA.dll file and solves the error.
Solution 5: Edit the registry
If the problem continues another way to solve it is editing the registry for this you have to delete the equivalent key from the registry. For this follow the given steps;
- Click on the magnifying glass icon and open the search window in your taskbar. You can open it with Window + S shortcut key.
- Then type Regedit in the search box and click it to start the app.
- You can use the navigation pane to locate the registry key.
- Then right-click Logitech download assistant and click delete on the context menu to delete the registry key.
- And when the dialog box pops up click the yes button and then reboot your desktop to confirm whether the problem has been solved or not.
Solution 6: Reinstall the driver of your mouse
Another way to solve the pop-up message “there was a problem starting c windows system32 logilda dll” error is to reinstall the drivers of the mouse since the usage of a Logitech mouse can cause LogiLDA issues. For this follow the given steps:
- On your keypad press Window + X and select Device Manager on the Context menu.
- In the next step, you have to expand the list of mice and other pointing tools. Then right-click on the mouse and choose the ‘uninstall device‘ option and the driver has been removed.
- Now remove the mouse and restart the desktop. Boot your computer and plug back the mouse and install the drivers again.
- Check if the error message re-appears or not.
Solution 7″ Download Logitech Gaming Application
This is the latest application that maintains your hardware. Firstly you have to uninstall Logitech download assistant and download this application to fix the error “there was a problem starting with the C windows system32 logilda dll error“.
Solution 8: Update the Window
If you have tried all the above methods and no method seems to work, the last option for this problem is upgrading to the latest Windows 10. Upgrading will remove malware and bugs, sort out security problems, and has many more benefits. These are the steps to upgrade to Windows 10:
- On the bottom left of your desktop’s display, there is a window icon, by clicking it Start Menu will appear.
- Select the settings option from it and then hit the update and security button. Here you can update Windows.
- Now hit the check for updates button and wait till Windows discover updates.
- When the update has been found install it until Windows 10 has been downloaded and make the required updates.